Day 6- Reflect: Do you treat your body with love?
My well intentioned "resolutions" were:
My response:
My well intentioned "resolutions" were:
- Making and bringing breakfast and lunch to school everyday
- Cooking dinner at night
- Less takeout
- Exercise starting with very small steps- walking Leia down to the playground every morning
My response:
Day 8- Activity (Putting your hand on your heart or something to be present)
This one I've done in a bit of a different way. For when I'm in an all out tizzy, my best friend who is also my best therapist/social worker, gave me the "inner child" techniques, where I can actually visualize one of my babies (used to be my daughter, now it is one of my nephews) being hurt the way I'm hurting. How would I comfort THEM if they were in my shoes. Would I just agree with the critic? Hells to the no! Physically comforting them (hugging myself, rubbing my arms), visualizing the child, and saying things like "No one will hurt you" and "You're protected" has actually helped soothe me. Haven't done this yet, but now I'll try to be mindful of it.
Day 9-REFLECT: WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR?
- What is 1 thing you love about yourself? (This can be physical, skills, personality, etc.)
- I guess one thing that I love about myself is my empathy, and ability to connect with people. I also love my creativity.
- What is 1 thing you love about your job or your particular class this year?
- This year, being out of the classroom, I have more time to support teachers. I have the ability to make changes in the school- which I have already done as a Liaison, including creating a protocol to streamline the sped process.
- Who is 1 person in your life who supports you and loves you unconditionally?
- My father
- What is 1 thing you have now that you only dreamed of having last year?
- Being a liaison first and foremost- basically administrator of the entire school's sped, but without the paycheck 🙍
Day 10- Another Mantra
"What is going to happen with these kids? What is going to happen with these teachers who will all be rated ineffective because of unfair observation rubrics?" -My Brain


Comments
Post a Comment