Thanks for listening to my recap 😘 It is February 24, and I am on Day 18 (aka January 18 😅)
Luckily, day 18 is merely "reflection" aka nothing. So I present to you, Day 19. (purple is my dialogue)
Luckily, day 18 is merely "reflection" aka nothing. So I present to you, Day 19. (purple is my dialogue)
Day 19: Reflect
This week we are focusing on how to avoid two big threats to fostering a mindset of self-compassion. The first is COMPARISON.
As a teacher, it can be very easy to compare your teaching journey to another teacher's.
Or maybe what you compare has nothing to do with teaching, but has to do with your appearance, your relationships, or how much you have.
Use these reflection questions to get a better sense of what you compare, when you compare, and to start brainstorming what you can do when you notice you are comparing.
REFLECT: THE COMPARISON TRAP.
As a teacher, it can be very easy to compare your teaching journey to another teacher's.
Or maybe what you compare has nothing to do with teaching, but has to do with your appearance, your relationships, or how much you have.
Use these reflection questions to get a better sense of what you compare, when you compare, and to start brainstorming what you can do when you notice you are comparing.
REFLECT: THE COMPARISON TRAP.
- What do you tend to compare the MOST? (ex: your job, your work, a talent you have, your appearance, your relationship status, etc.) Money
- When do you find you compare yourself the most with other people? (ex: A day you feel particularly stressed or tired; After scrolling social media too long; After talking to a particular person; etc.) After hearing that they got a huge ass bonus
- How do you feel when you are comparing? Does that feeling serve you in any way? Jealous and angry and like a child throwing a tantrum. Of course it doesn't serve me in anyway.
- When you are comparing it's likely because you are dissatisfied with that area of your life in some way. What do you want resolved in that area of your life? Is it in your power to reach that vision? What's one small step you can take this week towards your ideal vision? I want to have money- maybe it's that I want to be compensated for the shit ton of work I do, the amount of dedication I have, the successes I've accomplished...and I feel used? If that's the word...
- Drawing on all of your answers above, what is ONE short phrase you can use to get off the comparison train? (This could be reassuring yourself you have a next step to reach that vision, a reminder you're just tired, a reminder that comparison just makes you feel worse, or a phrase about what you are satisfied with in life, etc.) I DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER RIGHT NOW 😐
Comments
Post a Comment