This year so far has been sucking the life out of me. I work full time in the city, a 2 hour round trip commute, have 2 girls, and a husband, a dog, a cat, and a house- and all of this gets pushed to the back burner because of my work.
I love my position, but I’m emotionally drained this year, with not only my responsibilities at my job, but with the added personal issues and circumstances of my students and their struggles. It’s to the point that I get Angry when I see articles with “tips” on self care because 1) they make no sense for me personally, 2) they take up time I don’t have, and 3) none of them get to the root of the burnout. I like the “self care” and “self compassion" ideas, because they seem more realistic, based on individual needs, and personal self growth.
I joined a Facebook group challenge, in hopes to gain some much needed relief. It began on January 1st, and I tried ever so hard to keep up with it, but alas...I got up to day 17. It is most of the way through February, and I am going to finish this, dammit! I journaled my way through the first 17 days on my other blog, Lady Jaded, but I'm going to continue it here.
Wish me luck 😉
PS The wellness coach that started the group is Emily at www.thewholeadventurecoaching.com
I love my position, but I’m emotionally drained this year, with not only my responsibilities at my job, but with the added personal issues and circumstances of my students and their struggles. It’s to the point that I get Angry when I see articles with “tips” on self care because 1) they make no sense for me personally, 2) they take up time I don’t have, and 3) none of them get to the root of the burnout. I like the “self care” and “self compassion" ideas, because they seem more realistic, based on individual needs, and personal self growth.
I joined a Facebook group challenge, in hopes to gain some much needed relief. It began on January 1st, and I tried ever so hard to keep up with it, but alas...I got up to day 17. It is most of the way through February, and I am going to finish this, dammit! I journaled my way through the first 17 days on my other blog, Lady Jaded, but I'm going to continue it here.
Wish me luck 😉
PS The wellness coach that started the group is Emily at www.thewholeadventurecoaching.com
Comments
Post a Comment